Saturday, November 3, 2018

Ben Hawkins - WR

Ben Hawkins was the Eagles' 3rd-round pick in 1966, and played 8 seasons with the Birds. He was a starting wideout in all but his last season, and played every game during those first 7 seasons.

In 1967, Ben led the NFL with 1265 receiving yards. In 1968 he set a team record with a 92-yard touchdown reception.

In his final season with Philly (1973) he started the first 4 games, then missed the remainder of the season with a broken leg.

Hawkins wrapped up his NFL career with the Browns in 1974, and played with the WFL's Philadelphia Bell in 1975.

He passed away last year at age 73.

Here are all of Ben's cards ('70, '73, '74)


When I was a teen, I had a poster of Hawkins in my room. (I don't remember if it was this one, but here is what I found on the web). He was famous for always playing with his chinstrap unbuckled.

Ben Hawkins story


Where's Waldo Ben?

No comments: